Tagged: Site 5

So our current host, Site 5, decided that they would rather spend more money trying to sign up a new customer than accommodate an existing, long standing customer.  With diligent follow up on my part I forced them to respond this morning.  Even though I was promised that the response would be an actual response, it was not.  Here’s the bullshit answer I received:

I have examined your resource usage and unfortunately at this time, it has not stabalized from the changes you have made. We will need a few days worth of usage before we can provide you with a reliable recommendation. I see that you are looking to change packages before the 25th and I believe we can should be able to provide you with a reliable recommendation by the 21st.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Collin Simmons
Server Health Manager, Site5.com

I’m not sure what they expected in terms of stabilization since that is not what they asked of us.  I’m in a chat session with them right now giving them one final chance and if they don’t move us today then screw them.  I’m tired of wasting my time trying to save us as one of their customers.

If they don’t move us today I’ll sign up for hosting at Dreamhost tonight and make the settings change on our domain right away.  It might take a few hours or whatnot to populate and I’m not sure how we’ll move all the posts and the site itself, but we’ll figure that out.

In the meantime, for those of you who wanted to save posts from the old site, please go to the old site HERE and copy any posts you all want and save them and email them to me so I can post them when we’ve moved to the new host.

Thanks you all!

Yeah, nothing new from our host.  You’d think after 7 years of being with a company they would give 2 shits about you.  Apparently not.  I’d have better luck dealing with an entirely new company as they might be remotely interested in gaining a new customer.  Not our host.  They are apparently of the belief that dicking around with your customers is a better business model.

Okay, so perhaps that was a bit harsh but I’ve had a long day and I’m tired.  I really can’t believe the bullshit hoops that our host is making us jump through for the honor of continuing to be their customer.  I guess since I gave them until tomorrow I can’t bitch too much more than I already have.  But if this isn’t resolved tomorrow I’ll be signing up with a new host on Thursday and moving everything to the new host and canceling with these bitches.

So with that bitch-fest out of the way, I’m gonna go work out before I fall asleep.  Peace out yo.

Happy Monday everyone!  I got a response back late last night from the hosting company.  They said they reviewed the usage over the prior 24 hours and indicated that it would qualify for shared hosting at the reduced rates we discussed.  They also said they’d come back to it in 3 days to make sure the usage didn’t increase and then would let us know.

I didn’t take too kindly to that response as we’ve done everything they asked so far and there is really no way that the usage will increase in the near future (and if it does in the far future, we’ll deal with it then).  I asked them to review the site and get it moved to a shared plan no later than Wednesday of this week.  We’ve been with them since 2005 and they’re don’t really seem to be making an effort to keep us as a customer.  I don’t like being in a state of limbo and unfortunately have to fly out of town next week so I have to resolve this stuff this week.

They responded back and indicated they had escalated to a manager for a review and response.  I’ll keep you all posted.  I guess for the time being it won’t hurt to start things up.  I’ll see what I can grab from the other site and start moving things over and start posting things here.  I’ll let you all know when I hear back from their management and if need be we’ll simply move hosts.  Since the new database here is pretty small it wouldn’t be too difficult to back it up and then install it somewhere else if we absolutely have to.