So our current host, Site 5, decided that they would rather spend more money trying to sign up a new customer than accommodate an existing, long standing customer. With diligent follow up on my part I forced them to respond this morning. Even though I was promised that the response would be an actual response, it was not. Here’s the bullshit answer I received:
I have examined your resource usage and unfortunately at this time, it has not stabalized from the changes you have made. We will need a few days worth of usage before we can provide you with a reliable recommendation. I see that you are looking to change packages before the 25th and I believe we can should be able to provide you with a reliable recommendation by the 21st.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Server Health Manager, Site5.com
I’m not sure what they expected in terms of stabilization since that is not what they asked of us. I’m in a chat session with them right now giving them one final chance and if they don’t move us today then screw them. I’m tired of wasting my time trying to save us as one of their customers.
If they don’t move us today I’ll sign up for hosting at Dreamhost tonight and make the settings change on our domain right away. It might take a few hours or whatnot to populate and I’m not sure how we’ll move all the posts and the site itself, but we’ll figure that out.
In the meantime, for those of you who wanted to save posts from the old site, please go to the old site HERE and copy any posts you all want and save them and email them to me so I can post them when we’ve moved to the new host.
Thanks you all!