No response from our host

I have updated our trouble ticket with our host 3 times now asking for an update and have received absolutely no response.  I had asked that they respond with an update by this morning and that they move our host by today.  My last update asked them if I should assume by their lack of response that they are not interested in keeping us as a customer.  If they don’t move our site by today then tomorrow I’m signing up for another host and will have to move the site to someone else.

I have a couple of other sites hosted with Dreamhost and they have a shared host plan that would cost us $108/year.  Since I already know how they work they would be the easiest to switch to.  I’d shut the site down here, back it up and then try to put it back up over there.  If that doesn’t work we can always start over since we don’t have much of substance here yet.

Thanks for your patience everyone!


3 Comments

  1. Peench
    Peench January 16, 2013 3:18 pm 

    I tried calling and no one answered. I ended up in Live Chat and of course they couldn’t give me an answer. Someone did, however, update our ticket with the following:

    Please accept our apologies for the delay. We were awaiting the 3 days to be completed for a follow up to ensure we have enough data available to calculate the possibility of being placed on a shared hosting environment. It was certainly not our intention to leave you in the dark, however the 3 day follow up has not yet completed. This ticket is set to re-open for follow early tomorrow morning. At that time we will review the usage and then determine which shared hosting package would best suit your needs.

    Again, I certainly do apologize. Our lack of response was not intended to cause any inconviences. We were simply awaiting further data to be accumulated on the server to ensure we provide a correct assessment of the accounts.

    Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we will be happy to address them accordingly.

    I’m torn as to whether to give them more time or to simply tell them to screw off and to move to someone else. I’ve calendered tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. to follow up and if there isn’t a response then they’re out. Sorry we’re still in limbo everyone.

  2. Jagger January 16, 2013 4:01 pm 

    Thanks for keeping us in the loop. ^_^

  3. Lord Sam
    Lord Sam January 16, 2013 7:12 pm 

    No worries Mr Peench! Keep fighting the good fight!

Leave a comment